Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hello There!

Welcome to my new blog internet person,


In case you did read the little blurb on the sidebar, my name is Ann. I am a twenty-something college student/ toy collector/cat enthusiast that currently resides in the Dallas area. I have always picked up toys here and there but I really plunged into the collecting world when I met my boyfriend, Steve.
              (with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker at Texas Comic Con)

Toy collecting is a huge part of our lives. It seems that we are constantly going to Toys R Us, visiting thrift stores, flea markets, or searching eBay for our latest obsession. If you are reading this from the Dallas/Fort Worth area then you have probably seen me at the local conventions with bags in my hands or excitedly digging through toy bins at one of the local vintage toy stores.


The first toy I ever remember owning was a cloth doll of Huckleberry Pie from Strawberry Shortcake. I called him Jaime. He served as my defender from nightmares and constant companion throughout my childhood. The original plush was so well loved that he had to be covered in one of my father's work Polo shirts. I actually own another cloth doll of Huckleberry as an adult. He is now having a berry good time with my cloth Rainbow Brite doll and various other plushies.

I collect a lot of things. Originally, my focus was on G1 and G3 My Little Ponies but that quickly expanded to include Jem and She-Ra. In a house full of toys, I am very fortunate to have a toy room of my own. If you would like to get an idea of what that room is like, just look at the photo below....


Will you join my hunt?

2 comments:

  1. Jem! I miss Jem dolls. I wish I could tell the 8 year old me to take better care of them so I could proudly display them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are a lot of toys I wish I still had and I think that is why girl toys seem to be rare.I know a lot of the MLPs I come across have cut hair!You can find Jem dolls on eBay or even at thrift stores because they can be mistaken for Barbie dolls. I'm hoping they will do dolls for the new movie as well.

      Delete